Tomorrow’s leaders, today: Leadership and management in the undergraduate curriculum
Hosted by FMLM in collaboration with Health Education England and the NHS Leadership Academy, we invite you to join us for a one-day symposium focusing on leadership and management in the undergraduate curriculum.
The event aims to share current practice, surface issues and challenges, and explore how best we can progress this important area of professional development in a crowded curriculum. A full programme can be downloaded from the right-hand menu on this page. Delegates will explore these issues in workshops, led by a panel of educators from accross the UK. Speakers and contributors include:
- Professor Michael West, Professor of Work and Organisational Psychology, Lancaster University Management School (via video)
- Dr Tim Swanwick, Senior Clinical Advisor and Postgraduate Dean, Health Education England
- Mr Peter Lees, Chief Executive and Medical Director, Faculty of Medical Leadership and Management
Abstract submissions are now open for both oral and poster presentations exploring themes of:
- Exploring self and impact on others
- Leading and following in teams
- Understanding health organisations and systems
- Leading change and improvement
Abstract submissions should relate to original work and we welcome ingenuity and originality in presentation. They may report research or evaluation results, or be descriptive, showcasing a new initiative or describing a new approach or theory. Abstracts should be no more than 300 words in length and should address on of the four themes listed above. All abstracts must be submitted through the online submission portal by 17:00, 18 April 2017
- Poster Presentation – High quality abstracts will be selected for poster presentation and will be exhibited for display throughout the symposium
- Oral Presentation – The best three abstracts received will be selected for a 10 minute oral presentation and where appropriate, student participation is strongly encouraged
Abstracts should be no more than 300 words in length and must be submitted through the online submission portal by 17:00, 18 April 2017.
Registration is now open. Trainee, Qualified and retired FMLM Members receive discounted fees for this event.
Medical Student offer - Medical Student FMLM members can register to attend this event for FREE. Not a member? Sign up for FMLM membership today and attend this event for free - all for just £14.00.
- 28 June 2017