What we do
FMLM works to professionalise medical leadership by setting and benchmarking against standards that are aligned with the General Medical Council’s Good Medical Practice and underpinned by Leadership and Leadership Development in Healthcare: The Evidence Base.
FMLM’s strategic aim for 2014 – 2016 is to be recognised as the professional home for medical leadership with an established and fully supported membership base to drive our vision.
Our organisational objectives are:
- to work collaboratively with partners and stakeholders with an interest in professionalising medical leadership for better patient care
- to build a strong and vibrant community of senior and aspiring medical leaders, ensuring that all members have access to benefits to support their leadership practice and potential
- to ensure sustainability of FMLM by seeking opportunities to generate income to invest in activities which help meet our vision.
Our strategic plan 2014-2016 covers:
- to professionalise medical leadership through the development of standards which underpin the revalidation of medical leaders
- to support the diversity of individual doctors to become better medical leaders
- to support healthcare organisations to develop better medical leadership
- to identify and grow the evidence base and demonstrate the crucial role of medical leadership in achieving better patient care.
Have a look at FMLM strategic plan for 2014-2016 for more details.
Annual report 2015
In 2015 FMLM implemented further growth in the member network of current and aspiring leaders representing all medical career stages and specialties. We returned to Manchester to hold our third national conference and established our partnership with the BMJ and NHS England. We worked with a range of other partners to strengthen diverse leadership across systems, including HEE, NHS Improving Quality and The King’s Fund.